Hello everyone and welcome to my blog!
I’m a big fan of the written word and have built my career around working in communications in the charity sector. But this is the first time I’m writing just for fun! I’m writing for three main reasons:
- To capture the whimsical and interesting things that happen in life so I don’t forget ‘em.
- To spend my spare time doing something creative that I enjoy.
- To showcase some examples of my writing because my dream is to make a living out of it one day!
A few things about me before I begin…
- Name: Emma Sarah Jane Hypher
- Favourite colour: orange
- Hobbies: scuba diving (I love it!) and running (I hate it!)
- Person most likely to feature in this blog: my lovely boyfriend, Alex
- Favourite animal: sharks (and the family pup, Tasha)
- Favourite book: The Great Gatsby
- Favourite band: Blur
- Ambitions: to run a marathon before turning 30 (on the cards!) and to go to Glastonbury before turning 30 (alas I haven’t got a ticket so it’s not going to happen!)
- Skills: not to toot my own horn, but my spelling, punctuation, grammar and proofreading skills are second to none! I’m also very good at finding things that people have lost – friends and family call me ‘The Finder’.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy reading this blog as much as I’ll enjoy writing it